Stylish Kitchen In Worcester, Massachusetts

February 26th, 2010 · 12 Comments

Are these cabinets the worst(er) ones you’ve seen?

ugly kitchen cabinets Worcester Massachusetts home house real estate photo

Contemporary?

ugly kitchen cabinets Worcester Massachusetts home house real estate photo

Tags: Cabinets · Kitchen · Other US Cities

12 responses so far ↓

• 1 Doc // Feb 26, 2010 at 9:58 am

While I think it’s pretty ugly, it does make for an interesting study in usability.

The cropped corners on the painting, along with the colored knobs, highlight the position of the knobs and therefore makes them very easy to find.

Also, the “artwork” appears to be in symmetric pairs for single cabinet sections with two doors. Smaller cabinet sections with only one door have unique artwork. I’m not sure how this would be helpful though, other than to make the structure of the cabinetry understandable at a glance.

• 2 maria // Feb 26, 2010 at 10:59 am

And you thought the Grapes of Wrath was about Oklahoma.

• 3 MamaCas // Feb 26, 2010 at 11:35 am

They’re hideous, I’ll admit it. But, if you can believe it, this kitchen is 15 times better than mine.

• 4 Kat // Feb 26, 2010 at 2:41 pm

It’s very clean……..

• 5 Karla // Feb 26, 2010 at 8:33 pm

Are those space aliens on some of the doors?
    ???

• 6 Kayla // Feb 27, 2010 at 7:36 pm

The cabinets are horrendous. But I do like the floor!

• 7 Melinda // Feb 28, 2010 at 11:44 am

That’s what I thought! Bottom right cabinet…it’s either a space alien or an evil-looking duck with a mohawk.

• 8 yvonne // Mar 2, 2010 at 10:14 am

Looks like a kitchen in a nightmare; wake up one morning and discover you’re out of coffee and the kitchen has turned purple with pics of aliens on the cupboard door fronts, feel the fear!!

• 9 moon // Mar 4, 2010 at 6:15 am

It’s not to my taste, but they did a nice job on it. The main problem I see here is it is over personalized to the previous owners taste, and a coat of paint would make it more salable. It’s very well kept, in good condition, and has a nice layout.
    Obviously the owner enjoyed doing faux painting, to each his own, just needs some paint to erase it all, no big whoop.

• 10 Joeygoat // Apr 17, 2010 at 1:15 pm

It looks as bad as my kitchen did when I purchased my current home. Country blue ducks were painted on each door. Even after sanding, priming and repainting, I can still see the outlines of ducks! Think before you ‘custom’ paint anything.

• 11 Andy // May 27, 2010 at 1:43 pm

When we moved into our new house in 1998 my mom did those grape stencils all the way round the top of the kitchen walls…wtf was she thinking!!!

• 12 Kitchen Design Academy // Aug 2, 2015 at 6:40 pm