Six Cluttered Kitchens

January 5th, 2012 · 13 Comments

Presentation is not a strong suit of these six cluttered kitchens.

This was listed in September, so the Christmas lights are up year ’round.

cluttered messy disorganized kitchen poor home staging Glendale Arizona house for sale

Do they have a storage problem?

cluttered messy disorganized kitchen poor home staging Phoenix Arizona house for sale

Again, it implies there isn’t enough storage.  Or hand soap.

Clutter on the counters, refrigerator magnets & stuff, and lots of plastic flowers.

Just give me three boxes and ten minutes.  Please.

cluttered messy disorganized kitchen poor home staging Peoria Arizona house for sale

What a shame.  Nice looking kitchen covered up with clutter.

cluttered messy disorganized kitchen poor home staging Queen Creek Arizona house for sale

Tags: Clutter · Fake Plants & Flowers · Glendale, AZ Homes · Kitchen · Other Arizona Cities · Peoria, AZ Homes · Phoenix Homes · Refrigerator Magnets · Staging

13 responses so far ↓

• 1 Jozef // Jan 5, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Photo 2: “Do they have a storage problem?”… not until they removed half the cabinets just to “open up the kitchen”.

• 2 AZ // Jan 5, 2012 at 2:57 pm

I see so many kitchens that look like this, and nobody seems to think it’s odd. I see women who plop their purse on a public bathroom floor, then when they get home they plop the purse on the kitchen counter where they prepare food. I usually try not to eat at homes that look like this.

• 3 WendyB // Jan 5, 2012 at 3:54 pm

People must get so used to the clutter that they simply just don’t see it any more.

Most of these look like nice kitchens. What a shame they aren’t being kept neat.

• 4 Mark Henderson // Jan 5, 2012 at 4:01 pm

Who lives like that?

It would drive me batty if I had all that mess and clutter around.

Even if the homeowners don’t see it, the agent should. And either ask them to neaten up or do it themselves. As you said, ten minutes and three boxes…it could add thousands to the offer or at least get someone to ask for a showing. Not gonna happen with those pictures…..

• 5 Jayne // Jan 5, 2012 at 4:51 pm

I remember as a kid in the 80’s the thing to have was a trash compactor in the kitchen, maybe that would help.

• 6 Picky // Jan 5, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Do they have storage problems? Yeah, it looks like they do. And non-working dishwashers and comfort from their clutter.

• 7 TLynn // Jan 5, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I just don’t understand why people would keep the houses looking like that when they know the realtor is coming to take pictures.

• 8 SAM // Jan 5, 2012 at 11:45 pm

Photo #4, 5, & 6:
    There is lots of stuff, but the areas look clean if you remove the junk

• 9 taria // Jan 6, 2012 at 8:14 am

the big water bottle makes it look like they have unusable/bad water in their area.

• 10 clarabelle // Jan 8, 2012 at 12:01 am

“a clean house is a sign of a wasted life”

• 11 Anne // Jan 8, 2012 at 7:03 pm

I don’t get it. I gotta, gotta have bare countertops. It’s a sanitary thing- those cluttered kitchen make me wonder what’s in the food the comes out of them. And with all the knick-knacks in 4 and 5 make me think those spaces are dusty. Dust and food… No thank you.

• 12 Kyla // Feb 20, 2012 at 6:02 pm

I spy with my little eye: Christmas lights, a fire extinguisher, a lime green dish towel, a television, a giant fork, a giant spoon, some random post cards, and a magnet on the dishwasher, and that’s only the first photo. Seriously, though, a TELEVISION? Weird, dude.

• 13 7 Real Estate PITFALLS | The Torrey Team Real Estate // Sep 27, 2016 at 2:19 pm

[…] 7. Don’t ignore your agent’s request to fix up (or at least clean) your house […]