PlayStation Stars has started to launch. Sony is opting for a staggered rollout with its new loyalty program, with more regions gaining access over the coming weeks. Once available in their area, players will be able to start earning points and digital collectibles. First, however, they must join the program. Thankfully, it’s pretty easy to do, once you know how. Here’s how to join PlayStation Stars.
How to join PlayStation Stars
Joining using a PC
To join PlayStation Stars using a PC, users must:
- Head to the official PlayStation website.
- Log in with your PlayStation account.
- Once available in their region, users will be able to click the banner for PlayStation Stars and join.
- If the banner hasn’t appeared, check Account settings here and look for “PlayStation Stars” under “PlayStation Network.”
Joining using an iPhone or Android
To join PlayStation Stars on iPhone or Android, mobile users should:
- Download the PlayStation App for iOS or Android.
- Open the app and look for the PlayStation Stars icon that appears next to your username.
- Click the PlayStation Stars icon and read through the information.
- Accept the invitation to join.
Joining using PS5 or PS4
At the time of writing, it’s not yet possible to join PlayStation Stars directly on the PS5 or PS4. However, Sony does “have plans to expand to console devices in the future.”
When is PlayStation Stars coming to my region?
PlayStation Stars is launching in the following regions on the specified dates:
- Asia, including Japan: September 29 (local time)
- North and South America: October 5 (local time)
- Europe, Australia, and New Zealand: October 13 (local time)
For more helpful PS How guides, check out these instructions on how to stream PS5 gameplay to Discord. Or maybe read up on how to watch YouTube while playing PS5 games at the same time!