God of War Ragnarok has lost another game of the year award to Elden Ring, this time at the 26th annual D.I.C.E 2023 awards, which were hosted yesterday.
God Of War Ragnarok loses another GOTY award at D.I.C.E. 2023
God of War Ragnarok won across numerous categories, though failed to capture the biggest award of the night.
The PlayStation exclusive took home the gong in the following categories:
- Outstanding Achievement in Animation
- Outstanding Achievement in Art Direction
- Outstanding Achievement in Character
- Outstanding Achievement in Original Music Composition
- Outstanding Achievement in Audio Design
- Outstanding Achievement in Story
- Adventure Game of the Year
While this is an impressive sweep for the Sony Santa Monica title, it lost out on the Game of the Year award at the D.I.C.E awards to Elden Ring.
Elden Ring also beat God of War Ragnarok in the Game Of The Year category at The Game Awards 2022, with it being a fierce contest between the two titans of the last year. Elden Ring recently had the one-year anniversary of the game’s release, with fans anticipating potential DLC coming soon and hoping for more from one of the biggest games of last year.
In other PlayStation news, it seems that Sony will be doing another show closer to E3 2023, and will make up for people who found the recent State of Play disappointing.