Connecting a PS5 controller to a console or PC should be an easy enough task, but problems can quickly arise with the system not recognizing the DualSense pad, especially after an update or after booting a PS5 out of Rest Mode. Thankfully, there are some workarounds and solutions for PS5 DualSense wireless issues. Here’s how to fix the PS5 controller not connecting to a console or PC.
How To Fix Controller Not Connecting to PS5
To fix a DualSense controller not connecting to the PS5, users should:
- Ensure the controller is paired with the PS5.
- Plug the PS5 controller in using a USB-C cable.
- Press the “PlayStation” logo button to power the controller on.
- If it’s recognized, sign in.
- Try a different USB-C cable.
- If the USB-C cable still isn’t working, check the USB port on the top of the controller to make sure it isn’t dirty or damaged.
- Make sure the controller has been charged.
- Though it might flash its lights, a controller must have a bit of charge to connect and remain connected to the PS5.
- Reset the controller and then reconnect it to your PS5.
- Use a paperclip or pin to press the reset button located on the back of the controller. Press it in for 10 seconds.
Note: If you’ve just received your PS5 and controller, you might be confused by the way that the controller’s light flashes blue but doesn’t connect. This is because, for the first start-up, users must connect the controller using the provided USB-C cable.
How To Fix PS5 Controller Not Connecting to PC
To fix a PS5 controller not connecting to the PC, users must:
- Make sure the PS5 is paired with the PC.
- Put the PS5 controller in pairing mode.
- Hold the “PlayStation” logo button and “Share” button at the same time until the touchpad light flashes.
- Go to “Settings” > “Bluetooth & other devices” > “Add a device” > “Bluetooth”
- Select the PS5 controller that appears.
- Try connecting the PS5 controller with a USB-C cable.
- Reset the controller and then reconnect it to the PC.
- The DualSense’s reset button is found on the back of the controller. Press it in for 10 seconds using a pin or paperclip.
Hunting for more PlayStation tips? Check out this guide on how to fix PS5 DualSense controller stick drift. Alternatively, here are guides on how to upgrade PS Plus to Extra or Premium and how to fix PS5 controller input lag.