A new story trailer has revealed the Dragon Age Absolution release date on Netflix. Featuring cameos of Cassandra and Leliana from past Dragon Age games, the animated series will air on December 9, 2022. All six, 30-minute episodes will drop at the same time, so you can binge through it all in a single evening.
Revealed back in June, Dragon Age Absolution is created by both BioWare and Korean studio Red Dog Culture House, which was responsible for The Witcher: Nightmare of the Wolf also on Netflix.
Dragon Age Absolution voice cast includes Ashly Burch and Matthew Mercer
The principal voice cast for Dragon Age Absolution was also announced by Netflix:
- Kimberly Brooks as Miriam, protagonist and elven mercenary
- Matthew Mercer as Fairbanks, a freedom fighter
- Ashly Burch as Qwydion, a Qunari mage
- Sumalee Montano as Hira, an idealistic mage who is a friend of Miriam
- Josh Keaton as Rezaren, a man who wants to a better future for Tevinter “no matter the cost”
- Zehra Fazal as Tassia, a moral woman who can’t ignore Tevinter any longer
- Phil LaMaar as Roland, a charming man with “unmatched grit”
- Keston John as Lacklon, a dwarven fighter and “complete glory hound”
As revealed in the new story trailer for the series, Absolution follows the story of several unlikely heroes who wish to steal an artifact called the Circulum Infinitus that’s powered by blood magic. Given that this artifact is being kept in the notoriously corrupt city of Tevinter, that’s not good at all.
Also, with Cassandra and Leliana appearing in the trailer, it seems like Absolution will take place after Inquisition but before Dragon Age Dreadwolf.