The PS5 DualSense controller is arguably the best gamepad out there, combining high-tech functionality with a comfortable shape that many next-gen Sony console owners have become enamored with. Happily, it’s not just PS5 users that can enjoy the PS5 controller, as the pad can also be linked up to other Bluetooth-supporting devices. This includes iOS and Android phones, which means console-quality control inputs for mobile titles like Fortnite, Call of Duty, Apex Legends, and PUBG. Here’s how to connect the PS5 controller to phones.
How to connect the PS5 DualSense controller to your phone
To connect the PS5 DualSense controller to an iPhone, users should:
- Put the PS5 controller in Pairing Mode.
- Take the PS5 controller that you want to connect and simultaneously press and hold the central PS Button in combination with the Create Button (left of the touchpad with the three lines).
- Let go of the two buttons when the controller’s light begins to flash blue.
- The controller is now in Pairing Mode.
- Find the PS5 controller on the iPhone.
- Head into the Settings menu of the iPhone.
- Click “Bluetooth” and then wait briefly.
- When the PS5 controller appears in “Other Devices,” give it a tap.
- Confirm the connection is successful.
- Upon a successful connection, the PS5 controller will appear in the “My Devices” section.
- If it shows “Connected” then the controller is successfully paired and ready to game with.
To connect the PS5 DualSense controller to an Android phone, users must:
- Activate the PS5 controller’s Pairing Mode.
- Choose the controller that you’ll be connecting and press and hold both the PS Button and Create Button (the little button to the left of the touchpad).
- Once the controller starts to flash blue, you can let go of the two buttons.
- It is now in Pairing Mode.
- Select the PS5 Controller on the Android phone.
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Choose “Bluetooth”
- Select “Pair New Device.”
- Choose the PS5 Controller.
- Check that the controller has been connected successfully.
- The PS5 controller will appear in your connected devices.
- It will now work with supported games.
If the controller fails to connect or doesn’t appear under new devices, it’s possible that the pairing request timed out. Try to be a little quicker in finding the controller after putting it in Pairing Mode.
Now that you’ve successfully paired the PS5 DualSense controller with a mobile phone, it’s time to bring those PlayStation skills to mobile games. Enjoy!