The second update arrived for The Last of Us Part 1 today and its main draw was a variety of fixes for Photo Mode and the game’s plethora of accessibility features. Unfortunately, the patch has also drawn a bit of criticism from players upset that the game’s Fidelity frame rate setting has been reduced regardless of whether players own a HFR television.
The Last of Us Part 1 Update 1.02 Patch Notes
The Last of Us Part 1 patch 1.02 update has introduced a number of unspecified fixes for the game’s photo mode, as well as a couple of accessibility fixes. Whilst most players will likely be happy with these, the issue is that the frame rate during Fidelity mode has been reduced from 40 FPS to 30 FPS despite some players claiming the mode worked perfectly fine before the change. You can find the full patch notes for today’s update below:
- Fixed various instances across the game where level geometry would drop out at certain vantage points.
- Fixed various issues related to photo mode.
- Adjusted the “Fidelity” display setting to target 30 FPS, even with a HFR television. Removed the requirement for VRR to enabled “Unlocked Framerate” in “Fidelity” mode.
- Updated the descriptions of “Performance” and “Fidelity” modes to more clearly describe their behavior.
- Small adjustments to the audio mix and lighting during a sequence in the final chapter of the main game.
- Fixed an issue where the optional conversation around the hanging body in the Pittsburgh Financial Plaza would not trigger.
- Fixed a global issue where water splash FX were not displaying as intended.
- Fixed various issues with localized text and Screen Reader in the main menus.
- Fixed an issue where the credits would be flipped when using the Mirror World modifier.
- Fixed an instance where characters would be missing facial animations when seen from perspectives only possible in photo mode.
- (New Game Plus) Fixed an issue where weapon upgrade parts would stop spawning before the player had upgraded all guns.
- (Accessibility) Improved how Navigation Assistance functions in the Pittsburgh Hotel and the Lakeside Mine fights.
- (Accessibility) Fixed an issue where Invisibility Toggle with “Limited” time was not counting down correctly.
In other news, Deathloop got its Goldenloop content update today that introduced a new extended ending. Elsewhere, FromSoftware is too busy for a Bloodborne remaster or PC Port right now.