Isn’t it ironic that in our fast-paced lives, we are looking for a slow cooker? We live in an era where things are moving rapidly, but a slow cooker is a trending appliance that has become a big hit nowadays. Crockpots provide great convenience to the house makers. They are very popular among families, and almost 83% of families in America say that they are using this fantastic product.
Many crockpots are used, but you must be thinking about the reason behind its popularity. When you get to know its usage, you will understand why they have a huge demand. Slow-cooker is an economical option that is affordable as well and employs very little electric power. It has some magic through which it can turn budgeted ingredients into dishes full of flavor and health.
Buying Guide For In Slow-Cookers
There are a few things that you should look at while buying slow-cookers.
- Indicator Lights – When buying slow-cookers, look for bright indicator lights in them. Also, ensure that you choose one with a control switch, which helps you easily access the cooker. The switch should have clear labels for the operations controlled.
- Cleaning – Buy crockpots that don’t have many parts so that it is easy to clean each and every part. If your slow cooker has a stainless-steel exterior, then it may bear fingerprints. You will have to wipe such cookers often to keep it clean. Moreover, larger bowls are difficult to clean; therefore, look for smaller alternatives.
- Automatic Setting – This setting is beneficial even if you forget to turn down the temperature. It will prevent your food from getting burnt. The setting is convenient as it starts cooking your food from high temperature initially. Gradually it switches back to low heat for the time that is left for cooking.
Best Crockpots Available
There are several options available when it comes to crockpots. We have picked the best options to make the procedure easy for you. A few of them are listed below –
1. Crockpot Stovetop-safe programmable 6-Quart slow cooker
This crockpot is a programmable model that comes with a countdown timer and a stovetop-safe insert provides an exceptional level of convenience. The pot is available in an oval shape that makes it fit more significant pieces of meat and other meals easily. The temperature feature has High, Low, and keeps warm options. Once the set time is elapsed, the program of this cooker is automatically set to keep warm.
The crockpot comes with a warranty of one year, which ensures that it is kept free of all kinds of defects. It has a programmable timer that lets users set how long they want to simmer their food.
2. Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Programmable Cool Surround
This crockpot emphasizes programmable timer, has a stovetop-safe insert of aluminum. It has an insulated base unit that stays cool for the touch. The aluminum insert is non-stick that you can use for browning and searing. You can also place it directly in its base to cook slowly. It has the comfort of a programmable setting and is compatible with the stovetop as well.
This Hamilton Beach crockpot comes with insulated safety, which ensures that the exterior doesn’t get hot. A reliable option that is reasonably priced as well. Buy this slow cooker that you can conveniently use at parties as well.
3. Crockpot 6-quart cook and carry slow cooker
The cook and carry 6-quart crockpot is one of the most famous options which offers great portability. When you use this slow cooker, you will not have to go through the hassle of transferring a prepared dish. It will prevent from creating a mess. Its secure fitting lid locks just in place, keeping your food safe. Wash both the insert and pot in warm water and soap.
This option is great for people who enjoy the simplicity of standard technology. With the cook and carry model of a crockpot, you can handily get your job done. Buy this choice for your potlucks, or travel to the beach. They are also great for tailgating and more.
4. Instant Pot Duo60 6-Quart 7-in-1 Multi-use programmable cooker
People looking for versatility can opt for this Instant Pot Multipurpose slow cooker. This one has the functions of five appliances integrated into one cooker. All the functions are performed exceptionally well. Three heat settings are included in this slow cooker that is Normal, More and Less.
It is perfect for families that stay busy, and you can easily prepare high-quality, healthy, and tasty meals in less time. You will not have to go through the hassle of cooking and checking meals. A well-built and affordable option, this one offers excellent value for money and exceptional versatility.
5. Tiger Vacuum Insulated Non-Electric Thermal Cooker
This one is not an electrical device. Still, it is an excellent option for the ones who are looking for energy-efficient slow-simmered meals. In this thermal model, the ingredients inside the inner pot are brought to boil when the pot is placed in the exterior chamber. No power source is required, and your food will get cooked for hours.
However, if you are interested in such models, don’t settle for cheaper ones. Less-expensive brands don’t construct their appliances well enough. They are usually not capable of keeping the heat intact for more extended periods. Energy-saving option that is best to be used while traveling. Buy this one to take it along on your trips.
The Bottom Line
You can cook anything and everything in slow cookers right from beef stew to roasting or making chicken soup. The best ones picked above have reasonable temperature control so that you can have consistent cooking. The design of slow cookers is safe and easy to use. You will also not require the instruction manual since its functions are easily understood. Traditional slow cookers are believed to perform well and are the best options for simmered cooking.