During the latest Letter from the Producer LIVE broadcast, Square Enix unveiled Final Fantasy 14 Update 6.3: Gods Revels, Lands Tremble, which will expand the housing system to give more players a chance to own a home. The patch will also introduce new activities and balance the job system.
Final Fantasy 14 Update 6.3 patch highlights
One of the main functions of Final Fantasy 14 Update 6.3 is to increase the amount of housing wards in the existing districts, giving more players a chance to own a property for themselves or their Free Company. More detail on these additions is promised for the future. Other key features and new activities that will be released with the update include:
- New Main Scenario Quests – The next chapter in the story of the Warrior of Light.
- New Side Story Quests – Continue Tartaru’s Grand Endeavour.
- New 8-Player Trial – A new challenge at both Normal and Extreme difficulties.
- New Unreal Trial – Battle Sophia in Containment Bay P1T6 (Unreal)
- New 24-Player Alliance Raid – Myths of the Realm: Euphrosyne.
- New Ultimate Raid – Challenge a fearsome enemy in the latest in the Ultimate series.
- New Dungeon – New challenges await in Lapis Manalis.
- Duty Support System – Support for the remaining Heavensward™ main scenario dungeons so they can be completed alongside a party of NPC allies.
- Gold Saucer Updates – New Leap of Faith map added
- Miscellaneous Updates – A new treasure hunt dungeon, various retainer adjustments, a new Crystalline Conflict map, the introduction of new custom deliveries and more.
Update 6.3 is due to be released in the first half of January 2023 and you can rewatch all of the details on Twitch. Later on in the year, island sanctuaries will also be improved as part of Patch 3.5.