Yesterday’s Gran Turismo 7 update added three new cars, but the one thing PlayStation Blog forgot to mention was that it also added Shikoku and Tomica Town toy curations in Scapes. The full list of patch notes also includes new menus in the Cafe, World Circuit events, and plenty of other bug fixes and gameplay improvements.
Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.19 Patch Notes
The main draw of the Gran Turismo 7 Update 1.19 was the three legendary cars: ’54 Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder, ’84 Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5, and ’13 Porsche 918 Spyder. However, players seem to be more entertained with the two new curations in Scapes, especially the Tomica Town curation that turns all of the Gran Turismo 7 cars into the famous Japanese toy range that first went on sale in the 1970s. The full patch notes, including all of the new features, bug fixes, and gameplay improvements, can be seen below:
Main Features Implemented
– The following three new cars have been added:
・Maserati A6GCS/53 Spyder ’54 (Purchasable at ‘Legend Cars’ from 29 July);
・Nissan Skyline Super Silhouette Group 5 ’84 (Purchasable at ‘Legend Cars’ from 29 July);
・Porsche 918 Spyder ’13
– Added 20 sets of new conversations with the Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing cars in ‘Garage’ and speaking with the Character that is in the Café;
– In the Extra Menus, cars which have not yet been acquired can be added to a Wishlist;
– The following two Menu Books have been added:
・Menu Book No. 43: ‘Neo-Classic Competition’ (Collector Level 33 and above);
・Menu Book No. 44: ‘Hypercar Parade’ (Collector Level 35 and above);
– The following two Extra Menus have been added:
・Extra Menu No. 4: ‘Collection: Nissan Fairlady Z’ (Collector Level 29 and above);
・Extra Menu No. 5: ‘Collection: Dodge Viper’ (Collector Level 34 and above);
The new Menu Books and Extra Menus will appear after clearing Menu Book No. 39 (‘Championship: World GT Series’) and having watched the ending.
3. World Circuits
– The following new events have been added to ‘World Circuits’:
– Fuji International Speedway
– Red Bull Ring
– Willow Springs International Raceway
– Kyoto Driving Park
– 24 Heures du Mans Racing Circuit
– Trial Mountain Circuit
These new events will become available after accepting Menu Books No. 43 and 44.
4. Brand Central
– New Museum entries have been added for ‘Tesla’ in the Americas section, and ‘Radical’ in the Europe section.
– The ‘Tomica Town’ and ‘Shizuoka Region’ locations have been added as featured Curations in Scapes.
6. GT Auto
– ‘Toyo Tires Proxes’ has been added to [Car Customisation] > [Livery Editor] > [Race Options] > [Tyre Stickers].
– Tyres, power restrictors and ballast can now be purchased from the ‘Race Shop’ in the Quick Menu. The Race Shop is only available in the Quick Menu for races where Garage Cars are allowed. Additionally, the Race Shop can be accessed from the Quick Menu in Lobby and Meeting Place. However, it can only be accessed from the Race Details screen in Sport mode before entry.
8. Lobby / Meeting Place / Sport
– ‘Test Connection Quality’ function added to the Sport mode’s main page;
– Based on the race event settings, the Balance of Performance (BoP) is now displayed as three variations: High-speed (H), Mid-speed (M) and Low-speed (L);
– Message templates are now supported in chat. Message templates can only be used in Lobby, Meeting Place and Sport modes. Please note that templates cannot be used in conjunction with free text input;
– The option to ‘Mute Chat Messages’ has been added to the menu when selecting a user from the member list;
– Users’ chat messages will now automatically be muted after being reported using the ‘Report user message’ function.
9. Custom Race / Lobby
- The ‘Ghosting During Race’ option under [Custom Race] > [Penalty Settings] has now been removed;
– ‘Load Settings’ and ‘Save Settings’ functions have been added to the settings screen in Custom Race and Lobby. Up to 50 settings can be saved for each of the Custom Race and Lobby modes:
– When loading settings from a different track in Custom Race, all settings except for the track, weather and time (both Preset and Custom Weather) will be loaded. In a Lobby, all settings will be loaded;
– When using [Rivals Selection] > [Select from Garage] in ‘Rivals Settings,’ if the car saved in the race settings no longer exists in the Garage, it will be replaced by the car the player is currently driving;
– As well as being able to save settings, it is possible to ‘Overwrite’ and ‘Delete’ previous settings from the new save button.
– Settings may be named using up to 32 characters.
– The save screen can also be accessed from [Lobby] > [Quick Menu] > [Race Settings].
– ‘Storage Available’ and ‘Chat Function’ have been added to the ‘Global’ tab.
・Storage Available: shows the size of items saved on the console storage.
・Chat Function: turns the chat function ‘On’ or ‘Off’ in Lobby and online races.
When the Chat Function is ‘Off’, a yellow system message will be displayed in the chat history, but all messages both sent and received will be hidden.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
1. Physics Simulation Model
– Fixed an issue wherein setting Countersteering Assistance to ‘Strong’ produced excessive feedback on steering controllers with certain cars.
2. Steering Controllers
– Adjusted the control method for the maximum steering rotation on Logitech G923 Racing Wheels: reaching the limit now produces a natural level of feedback. The maximum rotation will differ depending on the vehicle.
– Adjusted the initial position for the cursor when entering the Café to be set now to the Menu Book icon on the far left.
4. My Page
– The Milestones section text for completing all Bronze or Gold on Missions has been changed from a number to the stage name.
– In My Library, the details screen for content that has not been shared yet has been changed to a lighter colour to make it easier to differentiate from content that has already been shared.
6. Licence Centre
– Fixed an issue wherein the player ghost would not appear after completing a full lap time trial on Super Licence stages ‘S-8 Autodromo de Interlagos’ and ‘S-10 Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.’
– Wishlists for Brand Central, Legend Cars, and Used Cars are now shown together.
– Fixed an issue wherein the horn sound would not play when performing an engine swap in [Garage] > [Tuning Parts].
9. GT Auto
– The correct car width will now show after installing a wide body kit under [Car Maintenance & Service] > [Modification]. Please not that the Jeep Willys MB ’45 is unaffected by this change.
– Fixed an issue in race settings wherein it was possible to adjust the ‘Initial Fuel’ after setting ‘Fuel Consumption Rate’ to ‘Off.’
– Fixed an issue wherein the viewpoint when selecting ‘Spectate’ could not be changed after a race had started;
– On the ‘Spectate’ screen, the control panel would reappear only after pressing the confirm or cancel buttons if it was hidden by pressing the cancel button;
– All cars are now ghosted when colliding with other cars at excessive speeds regardless of Driver Rating (DR) when ‘Ghosting During Race’ is set to ‘Strong’ in ‘Penalty Settings.”
In other news, the latest PS5 firmware beta contains references to the PSVR 2 headset. Elsewhere, the Destiny 2 community is receiving less communication from Bungie’s developers after “real threats” to staff.