The GTA 5 PS5 update 1.64 releases today, December 13, and the patch notes have revealed numerous features exclusive to PS5 and Xbox Series X versions of the game. This includes the addition of HSW races and ray-traced reflections for the game’s Fidelity Mode, which emphasizes graphical fidelity over a high frame rate. These added reflections should make water look even better than they already do in Grand Theft Auto 5 and GTA Online for PlayStation 5.
GTA 5 PS5 update 1.64 brings HSW Races and GTA+ improvements
Here is a quick breakdown of features and additions that the update brings specifically on PS5 (and Xbox Series X):
- You can now convert existing races to HSW races that feature Hao’s Special Works vehicles (of course)
- You don’t need to complete Hao’s Intro Race to access HSW upgrade services and mods anymore
- Ray-traced reflections have been added to Fidelity Mode, adding more detail to reflective and glossy surfaces
- Match and Heist bonuses for GTA+ members are on Landing Page titles
- GTA+ members will see how much extra bonus payouts they receive for being a member at the end of doing an activity
Title update 1.64 will add additional story and Freemode missions to the Los Santos Drug Wars, a new Acid Lab upgrade for the MTL Brickade 6×6, and a new Freakshop social space where players can launch First Dose story missions. Eight new vehicles and hundreds of new clothing and accessories are included as well. You can read the full patch notes here.
In November 2023, Take-Two said that the Rockstar Games hack has not impacted the GTA 6 release date. Part of the GTA 5 code was also leaked in the same month and revealed cut content that didn’t make the final game.