Knowing how to overclock the PS5 controller will be valuable to competitive players who will appreciate lower input lag when playing on PC. More responsive inputs can give an advantage in fast-paced games like first-person shooters and racing games. Here’s how to overlock the PS5 DualSense controller to increase the polling rate to 8,000 and reduce input latency.
Note: Users overclocking their PS5 controller do so at their own risk. Though I’ve personally carried out the overclock multiple times, there is always a risk when installing new firmware and tweaking settings.
How to overclock the PS5 controller
To overclock the PS5 controller, DualSense owners will need to:
- Update the PS5 controller to the latest firmware.
- Using a PC, download the latest PS5 controller firmware updater from the official website here.
- Run the updater and follow the instructions until the PS5 controller is fully updated.
- Download and install the overclocking software.
- Head to LordOfMice’s Github page for the Overclocking software.
- Click here, then “Code,” then “Download Zip.”
- Extract the zip file to the desktop and then extract the “hidusbf” zip file.
- Within the extracted “hidusbf” folder, run “Setup.exe.”
- Overlock the PS5 controller’s polling rate.
- With the PS5 controller plugged into the PC, select “All” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the device with “Wireless Controller” in the “Child Name” section.
- Choose the Polling Rate in the bottom-left drop-down menu, up to 8,000.
- Click “Install Service” and proceed.
For more helpful PS How guides, here’s how to unlock the PS Stars PS3 Wonderbook Collectible. And here’s how to update the PS5 controller on PC.