Ember Lab’s indie hit Kena: Bridge of Spirits is receiving a major free anniversary update. In an IGN-exclusive announcement, the developer revealed that players will be treated to New Game+, Charmstones, Spirit Guide Trials, new Kena outfits, and accessibility features to mark the game’s first birthday.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits anniversary update details
According to IGN, the anniversary update will be Kena’s biggest DLC yet. There will be new abilities for Kena, charms to adjust stats and abilities in combat, an enhanced photo mode, and much more. An overview provided by Ember Lab is as follows:
- “New Game+, which will allow players who’ve completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all of their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc and take on redesigned and more challenging combat encounters.”
- “Charmstones that are individually equipable – these unique collectibles each provide different adjustments to Kena’s stats and abilities.”
- “New game mode called the Spirit Guide Trials, challenging players’ skills with a variety of replayable challenges across three different categories; Obstacle Courses, Wave Defenses, and Boss Reflects.”
- “Completing the Spirit Guide Trials unlock outfits for Kena, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets along her journey. Succeeding at bonus objectives within each trial can unlock color variations of each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones.”
- “An exclusive new outfit for Deluxe Edition owners.”
Complete patch notes will be available nearer the time so we’ll make sure to share those for our readers here. In addition to the above, Kena is headed to Steam.
Any of our readers jumping back into Kena? Let us know in the comments section below.
In other news, Death Stranding has been confirmed for Game Pass… but not for Xbox, and it looks like Star Wars KOTOR Remake has been handed over to a different studio following reports of development troubles.