Connecting a PS5 to a phone hotspot, be it an iPhone or Android device, can come in clutch for moments when home internet goes down or when wanting to game on the go. During these moments, knowing how to connect the PS5 to a phone hotspot can help save the day. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to successfully do it.
How to connect PS5 to iPhone hotspot
To connect a PS5 to an iPhone hotspot, users must:
- First, set up the iPhone hotspot.
- On the iPhone, go to “Settings,” choose “Personal hotspot,” and then toggle “Allow others to join” on.
- Next, go to the PS5 Settings menu on the home screen.
- There, choose “Networks,” “Settings” again, followed by “Set up internet connection.”
- Here you should see the available networks.
- You may have to wait up to a minute for all options to appear. Keep an eye out for the iPhone internet connection.
- Select the iPhone network and enter any required password.
- The PS5 is now connected to the iPhone hotspot.
How to connect PS5 to Android hotspot
To connect a PS5 to an Android hotspot, users should:
- Set up the Android hotspot.
- This is done by going to “Settings,” “Network & Internet,” and then “Hotspot & Tethering.” Enable the hotspot.
- On the PS5, go to the “Settings” menu.
- When in “Settings, choose “Networks,” “then “Settings again,” and finally “Set up internet connection.”
- Available connections will then start popping up. Wait for a moment until they all appear.
- Select the Android network and correctly input any required password.
- The PS5 is now connected to the Android hotspot.
With your PS5 successfully connected to the iPhone or Android hotspot, online functionality can resume. Just watch out for any downloads as they can quickly eat into any mobile data caps!
Looking for more top PlayStation tips? Here’s how to make the PS5 fan quieter, how to play PS5 games on PS4, and how to connect a PS5 controller to your phone.