Resident Evil 4 Remake got a fair amount of attention during the Resident Evil Showcase and while there was another look at gameplay with a brand new trailer, the main news was that pre-orders have started today. Players can get a choice of standard, Deluxe, and Collector’s Editions, as well as grab some pre-order bonuses if they choose to purchase Resident Evil 4 Remake from the PlayStation Store.
What’s in the Resident Evil 4 Remake special editions?
The Resident Evil 4 Remake Deluxe and Collector’s Editions of the game both come with extra DLC, while the Collector’s Edition comes with a list of physical goodies too. Starting with the Deluxe Edition, players get a copy of the game for PS4 and PS5 as well as an extra DLC pack. The pack includes:
- Casual and Romantic costume sets for Leon and Ashley
- Hero and Villain costume sets for Leon
- Hero and Villain visual filters
- Sentinel Nine and Skull Shaker deluxe weapons
- Treasure Map: Expansion (unlocks additional treasures that cannot be found with the various treasure maps obtainable in game)
- Sunglasses (Sporty) accessory for Leon
- Original Ver. soundtrack swap
The Collector’s Edition includes all of the digital contents from the Deluxe Edition as well as:
- Resident Evil 4 Steelbook
- Digital Soundtrack
- Leon S. Kennedy figure
- Physical map poster
- Decorative box that resembles the attaché case
Regardless of which version players choose to pre-order, they will all come with the exclusive “Attaché Case: Gold” and “Charm: Handgun Ammo” in-game items. Those who pre-order either the Deluxe Edition or Collector’s Edition will also get the “Attaché Case: Classic” and the “Charm: Green Herb” bonuses. Finally, those who pre-order either the standard edition or the Deluxe Edition for PS4 and PS5 from the PlayStation Store will get a mini soundtrack too. Resident Evil 4 Remake will launch on March 24, 2023.