Not only is the DualSense a fantastic controller for use with the PS5, the new PS5 gamepad can also be paired with PC for games on that platform. It’s either to do, too, provided you know which menus to look for. Thankfully, this little guide is here to get PC gamers up and running with one of (if not the) best controllers around. Here’s how to connect a PS5 controller to a PC, both wirelessly and wired.
How to connect a PS5 controller to a PC wirelessly
To connect a PS5 controller to a PC using a wireless connection, users should:
- Open the PC Start Menu and type “Bluetooth & Other Devices.”
- Enable Bluetooth and select “Add Bluetooth or other device.”
- Select the top option “Bluetooth.”
- Hold down the PS5 controller’s PlayStation and Share buttons until the touchpad starts to flash.
- When the PS5 controller appears on the PC’s list of devices, select it to connect.
- The PS5 controller will now be wirelessly connected to the PC.
Note: If the “Bluetooth” option doesn’t work on your PC, you will need to add Bluetooth functionality to your system through a USB dongle or add-in card.
How to connect a PS5 controller to a PC using a cable
To connect a PS5 controller to a PC with a cable, users will want to:
- Ensure you have a compatible cable with which to connect the controller to the PC.
- The cable will have a USB-C end that plugs into the PS5 controller and another USB on the other end to connect to the PC.
- Turn the PC on and log into your account.
- Use the cable to connect the PS5 controller with the PC.
- The PC should automatically find the PS5 controller and it will start to work.
- The PS5 controller will now be connected to the PC with a wired connection.
Looking for other useful Playstation guides? Here’s how to turn off Auto Renew on PS5, here’s how to use a PS5 controller on Xbox, and here’s how to check how many hours you’ve played on PS5.