Sony has finally revealed the PSVR 2‘s release date and price, in addition to pre-order information. For those who haven’t balked at the price tag, here’s a simple guide on how to pre-order PSVR 2 from PS Store and retailers like Amazon.
How to pre-order PlayStation VR 2 from the PS Store
To pre-order PlayStation VR 2 from the PS Store, users must:
- Click here to go directly to the PS Store.
- Select the PSVR 2 headset.
- If it’s not on the homepage, check the “New Releases” section.
- Note: It may take a while for Sony to add the PSVR 2 headset to the PS Store following its reveal.
- Register to pre-order.
- On November 15, pre-order the PSVR 2 as soon as possible to secure your order.
For those in the US, UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg, the PS Store will be the only place where users can buy the PSVR 2 from. During the initial launch phase, other retailers in these regions won’t be stocking the new PlayStation VR 2 headset.
Those hoping to buy a PSVR 2 from Walmart, Target, Best Buy, or another big retailer will unfortunately have to wait. It’s possible that after the “initial launch phase,” PSVR 2 hardware will be available elsewhere.
How to pre-order PSVR 2 from retailers like Amazon
To pre-order PSVR 2 from retailers like Amazon, users will need to:
- First, be located outside of the US, UK, France, Germany, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg, as those regions can only purchase PSVR 2 through the PS Store.
- Next, head to your region’s Amazon or another retailer on November 15.
- Find the PSVR 2’s product page and pre-order.
For more helpful PS How guides, here’s how to get your own custom PS5 controller. And here’s how to enable VRR on PS5 and an explanation of what it does.