Some PC gamers choose to use the PS5 controller over other options. While that’s all well and good, it’s important for those PC gamers to keep the DualSense controller updated. This will ensure it has the latest performance improvements and is operating at its best. With a console, the updating process can be a bit tricky. Thankfully, PSLS is here to help with this guide on how to update the PS5 controller on PC.
How to update the PS5 controller using a PC
To update the PS5 controller using a PC, users should:
- First, get the official Firmware Updater here.
- Next, install the Firmware Updater by following the instructions.
- Launch the Fireware Updater.
- When prompted, connect the PS5 controller using a USB cable. (Note: DO NOT disconnect the controller during the updating process.)
- Once the update is complete and message will appear. Hit “OK.”
- The PS5 controller will now be fully updated to the latest version.
It might be worth keeping the Firmware Updater installed for future updates. Sony regularly rolls out new DualSense patches, so keeping the software installed will make for a quicker update process.
For other helpful PS How posts, check out how to join the PlayStation Stars loyalty program or how to clear the cache on PS5 and why you would want to.